Thursday, April 23, 2009

Environmental Portraits



I had an opportunity today to photograph a series of portraits for a local Remodel contractor. I had to move quickly and get nine different settings for nine different people. This requires fast thinking, light weight gear and a strategy for environmental portraiture (thanks again David Tejada).

I used two Nikon SB-900's with an SU-800 commander for almost all of them. I balanced for ambient light and created the effects where I wanted them. I really like the SB-900's for their expanded versatility over the tried and true SB-800's, the fuctions for the SB-900 are very easy to change quickly and that is awesome when working without an assistant.

I wanted to capture sincerity in their expressions and give each person a distinct setting.
These kind of images can do wonders to create a sense of humanity within a corporate setting.
It's a great way to put a face (or series of faces) on a business.


No comments: